Wellness at Work Week
CT Wellbeing offers a one-week programme designed to teach your employees how to better look after their health.
We attend your business premises from Monday to Friday, typically from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. though times are flexible. We carry out a variety of health related tests, rather like a mini health assessment, built up across the week.
From Monday to Thursday, your staff only need to be away from their posts for around 10 minutes per day to have the necessary tests completed.
On Friday, we recommend having a change of clothes for a small fitness test and for an outdoor running group session, which may be taken during the staff lunch hour if required.
— Woodcock et al, 2010
2.5 hours of exercise per week reduces mortality by 19%.
What’s involved ?
A typical Wellness at Work Week proceeds as follows.
Monday: have a healthy heart day
- Ten minute one-to-one to test cholesterol and blood pressure and discuss any heart related problems or concerns.
- High blood pressure and cholesterol are the main risk factors for heart disease, the UK’s biggest killer.
- Discussion on how to look after your heart.
Tuesday: look after your lungs and alcohol awareness day
- Lung function test.
- Test can show signs of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) amongst others.
- Smoking cessation help and advice.
- Alcohol awareness quiz and unit/calorie counter.
Wednesday: balancing blood sugar day
- Blood glucose test for diabetes, with Type 2 diabetes now reaching epidemic levels.
- Diabetes control and prevention advice.
- Food table with hidden high sugar foods.
Thursday: fight the fat day
- Ten minute one-to-one to test body mass index, waist to hip ratio and body fat percentage.
- Obesity has overtaken smoking as the UK’s main cause of disease.
- Weight management help and advice for those who need it.
Friday: fun fitness day
- Twenty minute fitness test including simple cardiovascular fitness and strength test.
- Fitness class if your facility allows (such as circuits, boxercise, pilates); all equipment will be supplied.
- Sixty minute running group for all levels with experienced running coach.
Corporate rates are available for multiple bookings.
Are you ready to invest in your employees’ health and wellbeing, for the benefit of your business? Contact us today to discuss how we can help you.